So much spiritual teachings to learn with so little time… How do we cram it all in to 1 day along with our family and work commitments…
In this article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master you will learn a simple technique to experience the full effects of meditation that is quick.
You will learn that meditation is not just for the people who have spent years practising this wonderful art. It’s for all.
Haripriya will walk you through the 5 minute breath meditation exercise. All you need to do is find the 5 minutes where you are willing to stop working, thinking of others, forget about your commitments and just Be.
Once you have completed this meditation a few times you will begin to experience the benefits and finding the time will not be an issue, it will be a necessity.
There are plenty of meditation techniques and each has its own value. But one of the simplest ways to meditate is with the help of your own breath.
Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
Do this simple 5-minute meditation at least once every day. You can also do it whenever you are rushed and stressed and losing touch with yourself in the process. Incidentally, that is when you will benefit most from it. Taking these 5 minute breaks to just BE will nourish your body, mind and spirit and also help you get back to your daily routine with renewed energy.
This is how you do it:
- Ensure that you will not be disturbed for five minutes and that your mobile phone is turned off. This time is for you and you alone.
- Have a timer set for after five minutes so you will know you have given yourself a full five minutes of quiet time.
- Sit or lie down comfortably.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath.
- Visualise a huge upturned cosmic lotus over you. As you lie still, visualise that you are bathed in a shower of Reiki streaming down from this lotus.
- Bring your awareness to your breathing. Breathe in and out very naturally. That is all you need to do.
- If you find thoughts entering your mind, do not resist them. Just go back to being aware of your breath.
- Do this for the next five minutes. Once your timer goes off, you can slowly open your eyes and resume your normal routine.
That was easy right? Please don’t try to convince yourself that you don’t have even five minutes to spare for this! If you don’t have it, you need to create it. This is for your own growth and well being.
So, go for it! ☺
Haripriya is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki. She is the founder of Aananda Holistic Center where she conducts as well as teaches Reiki and Angel Healing. Haripriya resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya email@example.com. and at Aananda Holistic Center on Facebook.